Page / Email content schema

pivce

I am creating a user content website similar to yelp. Site will support multi language in 15 different languages. Need some advice on storing system content, that is:
  • Page content (all the default pagetext and menu items)
  • Page attributes(Title bar, meta tags like keywords,description, etc)
  • Email content(Subject, header, footer - both htmland text versions)
For performance purpose, I feel only 1 table is to be used for all of this with colunms like: ID, Eng, Fr, Es, Gr,... where each column is a language and ID is the keyword used to identify the word. Based on user's language session it will pull in the matching words to load. QUESTIONS:[*]Will this design scale as systemcontent increases to thousands ofpages? [*]Easy to edit text? [*]Performance impact? [*]Any betterdesigns out there based on thisneeds? [*]Any other type of systemcontent do i need to maintain? [*]Also for text like page title barwhich are dynamic - like on theprofile page it will be "User's fullname - Site name) all those can bedone at DB or code level?[*]Biggest concern - the lookup values such as city names, category names, etc. they reside in their own lookup table. So to translate them do i add language columns to those tables or cpy these lookup values to the content table only?Platform: PHP / MySQL

Back