Page content scrolling like an Inchworm

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
My page content is scrolling like an Inchworm (not scrolling smoothly) and I can't figure out why. There is a fixed background image, but that wouldn't be an issue would it?<br />
<br />
Any light that could be shedded on this would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->big filesize?<br />
<br />
i dunno, got a link?<!--content-->normally that's the case when there's a whole lot of content like images on a page<!--content-->the smoother and simpler the content the smoother the scrolling.<br />
<br />
smooooooooooooooooooootheeeee ;)<!--content-->Thanks for your suggestions.<br />
<br />
I took the art back into PhotoShop and resaved the images in a lower quality, but still the page creeps along.<br />
<br />
Now I've completely removed the background image and all but three images from the page (title bar [480x80], bg image for a <td> tag [quatity: JPG-15] and a logo in the copyright [30x30]). I went drastic in deleting the other images to test process of elimination hoping to find the source of this porblem.<br />
<br />
However, it still creeps along as you scroll and I'm beginning to wonder if the Japanese text has something to do with the problem. (Not the text itself, but the CHARset or something to that degree.)<br />
<br />
Any other comments?<br />
<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->I think it would help if we could see the page.<!--content-->

Back