overriding PHP class methods referenced by non-overridden $this

AntiNA

So, I'm having trouble with some php OO stuff. I think the code will explain it best:\[code\]class foo { $someprop; public function __construct($id){ $this->populate($id); } private function populate($id){ global $db; // obviously not the call, but to illustrate the point: $items = $db->get_from_var1_by_var2(get_class($this),$id); while(list($k,$v) = each($items)){ $this->setVar($k,$v); } } private function setVar($k,$v){ // filter stuff, like convert JSON to arrays and such. $this->$k = $v; }}class bar extends foo { $otherprop; public function __construct($id){ parent::__construct($id); } private function setVar($k,$v){ // different filters than parent. $this->$k = $v; }}\[/code\]Now, assuming my foo table has someprop in it, and my bar table has otherprop in it, this should set the vars on my object when I pass in an ID.But, for some reason, foo works perfectly, but bar doesn't set anything.My assumption is that it is falling apart on the $this->setVar() call, and calling the wrong setVar, but if get_class($this) is working (which it is), shouldn't $this be bar, and by association, setVar() be the $bar method?Anyone see something I'm missing/doing wrong?

Back