Overlapping DIV's

liunx

i have a site (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://strategyplanet.com/populous/home.html">http://strategyplanet.com/populous/home.html</a><!-- m -->) that works pretty well in IE, and not so well in netscape. It's valid html, but i have things spaced out with overlapping DIV's which don't work :( . The right side is pushed over by it's div so the page has a minimum width, but it overlaps the center so you can't do anything to the center. If I change the right to -1 then you can't do things with the right side. Does anyone know how to fix this?<!--content-->Have you taken into account the fact that IE doesn't size divs correctly?<!--content-->It looks fine in MF. BTW you did not declare your doctype.<!--content-->His hosting provider is screwing him on his doctype because they're injecting their banner ad BEFORE his doctype. I looked at that after I noticed Moz was running in quirks mode.<!--content-->Duh i didnt scroll all the way to the right to see it.<!--content-->So does anyone have a suggestion on how to change it so the right side bar stays to the right, but not overlap the center?<!--content-->Originally posted by IncaWarrior <br />
So does anyone have a suggestion on how to change it so the right side bar stays to the right, but not overlap the center? <br />
What do you mean by right the iframe on the right or the scrollbar for the whole page?<!--content-->the DIV with the Iframe, it needs to be against the right side of the page unless the page is too small, in which case it should just push over<!--content-->try<br />
<br />
right:0px;<!--content-->no then it wouldn't be pushed over if the page was too small. it works in IE except for the overlapping, and it should work ing others except for the overlapping<!--content-->do you want to push it to the left or right when the window is too small?:confused:<!--content-->well right now it's made for 1024 width window (so it's smaller) and it should stay that total width if the window is resized smaller, but if it's resized bigger then the right side bar should stick to the window. right now i have a div with a width of 100% and text-align is right,. Inside that is another div with a width of 200 or something and a left padding of 800. now that should theoretically work, but it always makes the stuff to the left act funny<!--content-->

Back