Overlaping DIV over select element

liunx

Cant any one tell me, if it is possible to overlap HTML select element with a layer(DIV)? This layer is a sort of tooltip. Is there any way other than hiding the select element? <br />
<br />
Thanx in advance<!--content-->not possible, you have to hide the select element as it is controlled by the OS not your browser.<!--content-->This is really off the wall and I have not tried it BUT<br />
what if you made the <div> initially visibility:hidden and it had a higher z-index than the select. When you mouse-over or whatever, you change the visibility from hidden ???<!--content-->This is really off the wall and I have not tried it BUT<br />
what if you mad the <div> initially visibility:hidden and it had a higher z-index than the select. When you mouse-over or whatever, you change the visibility from hidden ???<!--content-->it doesn't matter. the select is not effected by the z-index.<!--content-->what part of NO don't you understand ? :P <br />
<br />
<br />
as it is controlled by the OS not your browser<br />
<br />
<br />
(above is not quite correct, as different browsers implement different grades, e.g. past versions were worse than never versions, but the point is here: once a browser let the form elements show through dynamic html elements then there is nothing you can do to reverse it !!)<!--content-->true KD, but I meant that the select is loaded from the OS not the browser. I didn't mean you can't control it. this also reflects why you can't color the down arrow and the scrioll bar.<!--content-->this also reflects why you can't color the down arrow and the scrioll bar. <br />
<br />
I am still learning CSS, but what am I missing? I believe I read this does not work across all browsers...<br />
<br />
scrollbar-base-color: <br />
scrollbar-face-color: <br />
scrollbar-track-color: <br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: <br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: <br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: <br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: <br />
<br />
Joel<!--content-->I believe that works in IE only but I am not sure about the newer versions of the other browsers.<!--content-->correct, it will only work in IE and it will only do the elements the browser has control of and the select is not one of them, nor is the file input.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
true KD, but I meant that the select is loaded from the OS not the browser. I didn't mean you can't control it. this also reflects why you can't color the down arrow and the scrioll bar. <br />
<br />
Thanx scoutt,<br />
I think the only work around is to hide the select.<!--content-->

Back