Ordered List in descending order

liunx

Does anyone know how I can create an ordered list that runs in descending order rather than the standard ascending order. My goal is something like Dave's top ten list.<br />
<br />
thanks,<!--content-->Javascript, Perl, PHP, ASP? Which?<!--content-->simple html using <ol> tag, if possible. i'm open to other suggestions.<!--content-->The <ol> (ordered list) tag is hard coded. It's not really an 'ordered' list, it simply puts numbers, in order, in front of the content.<br />
<br />
I'm assuming your top-ten list will vary and you would like to update it automatically. That will require a server-side script (CGI/Perl, PHP, ASP and I'm sure one nameless member :) will suggest ASP.NET)<br />
<br />
Pondering....<br />
It occurs to me, after re-reading the threads, that maybe you just need to make the numbers go in the opposite order. To solve that use a <ul> tag and add the numbers in your content. Also take a look at <dl> tags if you want to change the look a little.<!--content-->Thanks, that confirms my "theory". It seems so logical that there would be some kind of a increment attribute, but I guess not. The <ul> approach seems the simplest, so I'll probably go with that for the time being. Ultimately, the server side method would be the way to to. Thanks again.<!--content-->

Back