Opening powerpoint in a frame

liunx

Hi, I have been trying to figure out the best way to open a series of powerpoint presentations in a given frame. Currently I have a jave tree menu wherby the user can open up the presentations, however the as usual just open MS powerpoint as a new window. I have seen sites where the presentation open and only display the slides in a frame, without all the extra MS powerpoint menu gubbins. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this is done?<!--content-->if you seen it then where? because I don't think you can do that.<!--content-->I'm pretty sure it can be done. On our corporate intranet there are thousands of PowerPoint presentations that some people link to for one reason or another. Some of the intranet sites are done by no-goodnicks (like me), and a link to a PP is liable to get caught in a frame (much like a website, hence the "framebreaker" script).<br />
I think that alot (if not all) of times it's by accident.<br />
I know you can see a PP in an browser, so I don't know why it can't be in a frame. <br />
I'll look around.......<!--content-->yes it can be in a frame, but you won't get it without the buttons and gadgets like he wants. it will load the plugin if powerpoint is installed on the machine.<br />
<br />
I have seen sites where the presentation open and only display the slides in a frame, without all the extra MS powerpoint menu gubbins<br />
<br />
that is what you can't do.<!--content-->Yeah, they would need powerpoint. On a corporate intranet with Office installed that's likely, but there might not be on an internet surfer's machine, although a link could be provided for a plug in PPT viewer. (I've got one... but off a CD.)<br />
I tried a test locally. It works fine. All I get is a scrollbar to move the slides, or use left and right arrows to view them. No "extra MS powerpoint menu gubbins", or toolbars.<br />
Just use <br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"test.ppt" target="main">PPT document</a><br />
<br />
<br />
instead of<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"test.html" target="main">PPT</a><br />
<br />
as a link to it.<!--content-->

Back