Opening In New Windows

liunx

Im still working on my new website look and Im adding some wallpapers. When you click on the thumbnail it will open in a new window. Problem is that the images are stored on a seperate server and i dont want the people to get to them with the address when the new window opens. I know it goes target="_blank" but how can i set it up so there is now address bar and not have the windows be resizeable? Its prolly something easy, but I just cant think of it... Thank you in advance!<!--content-->When a user looks at your site, the browser requests the HTML file and images be sent. These are then stored on the users hard drive in the cache, and the rendering engine part of the browser takes those files and displays them on the screen. This means that you can never stop people from getting to your images.<br />
<br />
Put a copyright notice on them and/or a digital watermark.<br />
<br />
All this paranoia about stealing content wastes an awful lot of time.<!--content-->What would stop someone from right-clicking the image to get its URL?<br />
I agree with giz; it would be better to use watermarks and copyright notices instead.<br />
<br />
<br />
But if you really want to do it, search script sites. <br />
This script might be what you're looking for:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/chromeless.htm">http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... meless.htm</a><!-- m --><!--content-->well ok i know that and agree, but what i need to know is how i can do what i asked, i already know that there are multiply ways of getting my images and that is ok, I am distributing them for free(they are wallpapers), but so they wont go and delete them off the server. Thanks.<!--content-->Umm, you should have your server cofigured such that normal users only have read access to it, and that only the owner has read/write access.<br />
<br />
Or did I just misunderstand what I thought you just said?<br />
<br />
You aren't giving all users full access to the system are you?<!--content-->Originally posted by Arctic Dragon <br />
What would stop someone from right-clicking the image to get its URL?<br />
[/url] <br />
<br />
if you disabled right click on your site hehehe :P<br />
<br />
narr but seriously if giz is right about what he thinks, your users shouldn't be able to get access to your web shell, WITHOUT you user name and password. UNLESS you giving them FTP access and providing them with your user name and password (which would be dumb) they can't acccess to your server therfore not being able to delete them off the server. :)<!--content-->

Back