onResize in a framed page

I am having an issue, and I already tried placing my hands on the monitor and chanting. :D <br />
<br />
<body onResize="doSomething()"><br />
<br />
works great on a regular webpage, as well as so-so on a frameset. However, when I use a frameset and put the <br />
<br />
<body onResize="doSomething()"><br />
<br />
in on of the html pages (called by the frameset), it fails to fire. <br />
<br />
The end result is this, I have a banner that is placed at the bottom of a page. If the screen is 1000pixels or less wide (less than 1024x768 rez) the banner is a bit smaller than if the user if browsing using 1024x768 rez. No problem there. But I need to capture the onResize event to change the banner size if the user resizes smaller. <br />
<br />
<insert ideas here><br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->you must not have said the correct words?:rofl: <br />
<br />
wierd, did you try to reload that page to get it to fire?<!--content-->yes, I changed my chanting as well as reloading the entire frameset... reloading the framed paged individually, and resizing a number of times... to no avail. It seems like when a page is placed inside of a frameset, it loses the ability to 'recognize' that it has been resized.<!--content-->but didn't you say that it worked in the frame itself? then that means that the frame has conrol over the frameset so it would seem that the frame would resize teh frameset automatically. hmmm things to ponder.<!--content-->yes, there is a onresize code in the framset itself that looks for NETSCAPE4.7, and if netscape4.7 resizes the frameset, then it reloads the entire thing.<br />
<br />
however, I would like a page in the frameset to reload (actually just reload the banner) if the page itself is resized. The page should recognize if the frameset is resized-thus resizing the page itself... but it doesn't. <br />
<br />
The workaround I am considering is to tell the frameset to set the size of the banner in the framed page onResize. Not the cleanest method, but it might work in a pinch since the frameset is never confused as to whether its resised or not.<!--content-->Well I tried<br />
<br />
<body onresize="alert('Resized')"><br />
<br />
in a page of a frameset in IE, NN4 and NS6.<br />
Works every time. <br />
Works if I resize the window, works if I resize the frame.<!--content-->

Back