online purchasing

liunx

I am designing a website for a client who wishes to have online purchasing.<br />
<br />
I was all set to go with paypal, until I found 2 websites which are set up solely for the purpose of warning against paypal fraud.<br />
<br />
So what is the story? Is paypal reliable? I started checking out alternatives, like authorize.net and americart, and it seems that they are considerably more expensive. Besides, with paypal, I wouldn't need a separate merchant account/payment gateway and shopping cart, since paypal provides all.<br />
<br />
What are my options? Until now, the site was not secure, nor was there a need for any server-side code: it was pure html/javascript. If I want to put in my own secure form, wherein the client enters their cc #, does that mean I now need to use server-side script and a database?<br />
<br />
I found 2 sites which just ask the user to enter the credit card # -- without any secure site! Is this an option, or will nobody seriously put their credit card on a non-secure site?<br />
<br />
I would be grateful for any assistance I could get on this issue.<!--content-->Originally posted by yisraelharris <br />
I am designing a website for a client who wishes to have online purchasing.<br />
<br />
I was all set to go with paypal, until I found 2 websites which are set up solely for the purpose of warning against paypal fraud.<br />
<br />
So what is the story? Is paypal reliable? I started checking out alternatives, like authorize.net and americart, and it seems that they are considerably more expensive. Besides, with paypal, I wouldn't need a separate merchant account/payment gateway and shopping cart, since paypal provides all.<br />
<br />
What are my options? Until now, the site was not secure, nor was there a need for any server-side code: it was pure html/javascript. If I want to put in my own secure form, wherein the client enters their cc #, does that mean I now need to use server-side script and a database?<br />
<br />
I found 2 sites which just ask the user to enter the credit card # -- without any secure site! Is this an option, or will nobody seriously put their credit card on a non-secure site?<br />
<br />
I would be grateful for any assistance I could get on this issue. <br />
<br />
Be happy to assist.<br />
Our core biz (5+ years) is Merchant Acct. service providers worldwide.<br />
If the owner is usa based visit here:<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.GlobalNetMerchant.net">www.GlobalNetMerchant.net</a><!-- w --><br />
If the owner is International based go here:<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.GlobalNetMerchant.com">www.GlobalNetMerchant.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
* AuthorizeNet is available for either usa or international. We are an authorized agent for authorize net.<br />
<br />
* If you have a shop cart, great. If one is needed, we can assist.<br />
<br />
* Authorize net is 'secure' so it matters NOT if the server is SSL protected. It is a secure order form, with encryption 128, and all card data is SCRAMBLED.. and also has AVS (for fraud protect) built in<br />
"Address Verification"<br />
<br />
I will offer you a better deal then what is posted on our sites..<br />
Write me here and remind me of this post you made, and include the clients web address:<br />
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><br />
<br />
Let me know any questions you have!<!--content-->

Back