online image cropping

windows

I was going to put this in java, then in graphics, but thought we'd try here to start...<br />
<br />
One of the intranets i discovered when trawling around researching was a site where you could upload your own avatar (nothing new there), but then you could edit the image online by cropping it as you required.<br />
<br />
How would something like this be done, and can i do it for free ;) I'd like my peeps to be able to upload their own photo but then have to crop it so that the image is 60x60 - ideally drawing a box around the bit of the image they want, but a start would be a 60x60 box which they could reposition on their image which would crop it automatically.<br />
<br />
Any ideas folks? answers on a postcard...<!--content-->what about some sort of collaboration between javascript and php or something then? i've noticed in my php book (but not got to it yet) that you can do image resizing and the like - could i use that in conjunction with javascript to get the dimensions of the box to crop to etc?<br />
<br />
There's a puzzler for you all!<!--content-->

Back