One text link, two locations(?)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
This is my first post here. I was wondering if there's any way I can have a text link which can go to two different locations, depending on which page the browser was on previously.<br />
ie. if I have three pages A.html, B.html and C.html and supposing I wanted to put a text link on both A.html and B.html linking them to C.html. Then at the bottom of C.html I want a text link saying "<<-Back" but I want it to link back to EITHER A.html OR B.html respectively, depending on which page it was accessed from. <br />
<br />
Can anyone help?<!--content-->try asking the javascript guys!....i'm sure they could help!<!--content-->You can either build the link into the "back" link on the server as you create the page or you can do it with Javascript. The former will always work, the latter won't.<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"#" onclick="window.history.back();return false;">Go Back</a><!--content-->All users have a browser back button, if they want to go back a page they'll use it.<!--content-->Originally posted by lavalamp <br />
All users have a browser back button, if they want to go back a page they'll use it. <br />
<br />
Wise guy.<!--content-->Thanks for the help. It works now.<!--content-->

Back