on preformatted text

i have a page in which you will click on a text file link. upon clicking that link, the contents of the text file will be displayed in a separate frame. <br />
<br />
how do i display the contents of the text file in such a way that it is preformatted? i want it to automatically adjust to the browser's size and not run hundreds of miles to the right of the screen. is there any special <pre> tags out there that will solve this problem?<!--content-->if it is a plain text file than you have to give the file line breaks (hit return) in the file itself. if you don't want to use any tags that is your only choice.<!--content-->ok thanks. i'll do that if there's no more alternative. there are a lot of files and it will be quite tedious to do it all using that technique. if there's anymore of you out there who knows any variation or special tags of <pre> that will work on my problem, please post it here. thanks very much.<!--content-->open the text file into a varaivle and place it in a textarea. your only and last choice.<!--content-->

Back