Offer user HELP for objects

liunx

I need to display help popups for a few objects. At least one help description will be lengthy, so bottom line of window won't suffice. <br />
<br />
Help should appear on user request only. I'd like to use F1, but am open to other suggestions. The important things are for it to work and be easy for the user.<br />
<br />
Thought I'd seen this covered, but my searches haven't turned up anything. I'm so stuck....<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
Moreta<!--content-->F1 is not a "webby" kind of thing to do. Probably the most consistent thing you could use would be a stylized question mark that could be closely associated with the item needing description. Sort of a consistent "click here for help" icon or something. The help could then be displayed ala tooltips.<br />
<br />
Simple tooltip-like help can be displayed using an element's title attribute.<!--content-->I need lengthy help for only a few objects, and I could put help icons next to each one. (If this isn't what you meant, please clarify.) It should work. The help itself could be displayed with an alert, and the tooltip would indicate which object the help icon would be for. <br />
<br />
Guess I was tripping over my F1 paradigm. Thank you for the help icon suggestion! <br />
<br />
Moreta :)<!--content-->I can't give you a lengthy answer! But someone on this forum posted a link to this site for another subject and I was having a look through it. There are some quite nice tooltip/popup effects here that may help you out:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/index.html">http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/index.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->I can't give you a lengthy answer!:p Asking for it, wasn't I!<br />
<br />
Thanks for the site referal!<br />
<br />
Moreta<!--content-->Think I sounded a bit rude there....what I meant is that I don't actually know the code, but there may be something on that site that would help!!!<!--content-->Think I sounded a bit rude there....Nope! Thought you were poking good natured fun at my unintended pun. ;)<!--content-->

Back