Null Text Node issue with xml.dom.minidom in Python

costumxer

Environment: Python 2.6.5, Eclipse SDK 3.7.1, Pydev 2.3I am trying to parse and change values in XML data in Python using \[code\]xml.dom.minidom\[/code\] and I'm having an issue with blank text nodes. When I parse an XML file into a DOM object and then convert it back to a string using \[code\]toxml()\[/code\], the closing "Description" tags get messed up after all the blank text nodes. Does anyone know the problem is?Contents of issue.py\[code\]from xml.dom import minidom xml_dom_object = minidom.parse('news_shows.xml') main_node = xml_dom_object.getElementsByTagName('NewsShows')[0] xml_string = main_node.toxml() print xml_string \[/code\]Contents of news_shows.xml (notice the two blank Text nodes):\[code\]<NewsShows Planet="Earth" Language="English" Year="2012"><NewsShow ShowName="The_Young_Turks"> <Description Detail="Best_show_of_all_time_according_to_many">True</Description> <Description Detail="The_only_source_of_truth"></Description> <Description Detail="Three_hours_of_truth_per_day">True</Description></NewsShow><NewsShow ShowName="The_Rachel_Maddow_Show"><Description Detail="Pretty_great_as_well">True</Description><Description Detail="Sucks_badly">False</Description><Description Detail="Conveys_more_information_than_TYT"></Description></NewsShow></NewsShows>\[/code\]Output of the script (notice the 2 "Description" tags that are messed up):\[code\]<NewsShows Language="English" Planet="Earth" Year="2012"><NewsShow ShowName="The_Young_Turks"> <Description Detail="Best_show_of_all_time_according_to_many">True</Description> <Description Detail="The_only_source_of_truth"/> <Description Detail="Three_hours_of_truth_per_day">True</Description></NewsShow><NewsShow ShowName="The_Rachel_Maddow_Show"><Description Detail="Pretty_great_as_well">True</Description><Description Detail="Sucks_badly">False</Description><Description Detail="Conveys_more_information_than_TYT"/></NewsShow>\[/code\]

Back