Not sure if this is the right place for this question - using .asp file

liunx

This form that I am coding and using the GUI interface of Frontpage for the .asp will be imported later into Oracle. I thought using a database system would be helpful and having a login(admin) page where user can login to gain access to the folder where people are going to be uploading to and retrieve the database file. The way it is setup now - it does not go to the confirmation.asp file once you hit submit. There are validation items, such as please enter a number for a number, etc.

The other idea was have the form going into a .csv file and have an excel formatted document linked to it. Same confirmation page setup and uploading system. Then this file could be imported into Oracle at a later date. Which I am not even sure with this option that it could be imported into Oracle - since I am not that familar with that or SQL.

Javascript was the main idea for the save/retrieve buttons. As well, as totaling columns and etc. If anyone has other suggestions on this - let me know.

Any other suggestions/tips on how to proceed using .asp system would be useful. As for this is a new system for them to create a paperless reporting.

Back