Noprint Script?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
In the realm of professional photography on the web, I am sure someone has figured this out.<br /><br />I need to find a script that will not allow the user to print the image that appears on the page. I have already instituted the watermarking of images, but that defaces some images and makes them unappealing to visitors.<br /><br />Whether this script will allow the printing of the page and doesn't let the images show up is one way,<br />Or...<br />If it is a page that is only an image and the print function is disabled is another way. Wouldn't it be fun to make it seem like the print was happening, but what came up on the paper was a message stating that they need to contact the photographer for prints.<!--content-->
Moved to the scripting forum.<!--content-->
Fair enough. Didn't read the forum headings to see this one. Thanks<!--content-->
One thing you could do is set up a CSS thing (sorry, it's nothing I've created yet) that presents a different look for printed pages. This is what's behind most of the "Format for printer" links on some pages like my bank does. With that you could totally change the whole thing to say a message like you mention.<!--content-->
You can add<br /><!--html--><div class='htmltop'>HTML</div><div class='htmlmain'><!--html1-->IMG{<br />display: none;<br />}<!--html2--></div><!--html3--><br />to a file called <b> print.css</b> and use<br /><LINK TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet" HREF="http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/print.css" media="print"><br />in the header.<br /><br /><br />But it only works reliably in IE<!--content-->

Back