nonexistant sites showing up in google results

ewinlesov

I'm currently competing for the searchphrase "bluegrass lyrics". My page http://www.cvls.com/fakebook.html currently comes up as the 12th result. There are two "Error 409" results ahead of me. They are from the same site and neither exist anymore. One of the pages has been ahead of me for at least the last two months.Seeing as I would like to get onto the first page of results...is there someway I can report this to Google?Also how is this possible? Even the cached version of the pages has the error message? So basically this site has no content whatsoever and is still ranking better than my page? I also believe that my PR is higher than this page. That really leads me to believe that only thing that matters is IBLs.In the cache, it looks like the only place that term is, is from the incoming link's anchor text, which may be enough. You can email google here:Suggestions: [email protected] Praise and complaints: [email protected] Not satisfied with search results? [email protected] Report errors, bugs and broken links: [email protected] I have a question and/or need help using Google: [email protected] enough. One of the pages has disappeared in the last two hours since I first posted this message. Craziness.Yeah, I personally took it out for you Can you take one out for me too! lol!You can use the Voting button on the Google Toolbar and Vote against the page.Cheers,What is the effect of the voting button?It may have an effect of the page ranking telling Google if it is a good page or not. I vote just for the .0000001% that it may have effect, but I wouldn't count on it. If it did, it would be so abused.Maybe they will integrate some sort of visitor opinion ranking system...it would of course be just a user rated system not affecting any SERP rankings.True, but then again, it would be abused.Even if it was abused it wouldn't make that big of a difference. For example you can vote against your competitor's products on Amazon and that doesn't seem to be in complete hysteria.