Non Scrolling

liunx

if i want the have more than a screens worth of information on one page, but i want the background to stay in place when the page is scrolled down.<br />
<br />
how do i do this?<!--content--><head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body {background-image: url(/images/lipswwhite300.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 50%; background-color: #ff9933;}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
hope the above is easy to understand. Using 50% 50% will centre the image. Play with the numbers to work out the best position for you. Any other problems give me a shout.<!--content-->actually here is a shorter way to do it<br />
<br />
<body background="your background" bgproperties="fixed"><br />
<br />
just add in you body tag "bgproperties", and set it to "fixed", it will fix the background so it will stay there while the page is scroll down!:D<!--content-->Agreed... but does that control the repeat of the background... and you also don't know where the background is going to be. If it is a logo then she/he might want more control over it. But I do agree with you.<!--content-->entimp what youve posted just sets the image half way between the top and bottom and left and right of the document. i want something that will scroll the top layer, and leave the background.<!--content-->bgproperties="fixed" ...<br />
<br />
is browser specific code. It only works in the Infernal Exploiter. It is not in the official HTML 4.01 specification.<!--content-->

Back