non-frame navigation question

liunx

This is my first website I'm building without frames. My question is: is there a way to call a page in HTML with my navigation links?<br />
<br />
Just want to put the called page in a div. That way when I make a new page for the website, i dont go back and add link to the previous pages.<br />
<br />
If there is a better way to go at this, please le me know.<br />
Thx<!--content-->Can you restate your question? It's not real clear what you want to do.<!--content-->you need to use a server-side language.<!--content-->Two possible methods, depending on what your web host provides:<br />
<br />
For PHP support:<br />
<br />
<?PHP include("navigation.html"); ?><br />
<br />
<br />
For ASP support:<br />
<br />
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE="navigation.html" --><!--content-->http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#include<!--content-->Originally posted by MstrBob <br />
Two possible methods, depending on what your web host provides... <br />
lol theres more than 2 methods ;) <br />
<br />
<br />
theres tons of serverside langauges... jsp, cfm, ssi, asp, asp.net, php, perl, etc...<!--content-->eep, just giving the most common...<!--content--><!-- #include virtual="navigation.html" --><br />
will work with asp, asp.net, and ssi. If you are using asp, give the page an asp extention, if asp.net give it an aspx extention, if ssi give it a shtml extention.<!--content-->ok plenty of options, thx for the quick reply<!--content-->

Back