No Scroll?

liunx

Hello, is there a way to have the scrollbars enabled only when the window is at a certain size? For example at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dj-designs.com">www.dj-designs.com</a><!-- w --> when you resize the window smaller the background clouds gets cut off, but theres no scroll until the window is small enough that it cuts off the content! I must learn this! :D <br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
john<!--content-->Hi Agentsmith,<br />
<br />
The way this has been done on that page is by putting the content page in a frames page and making that frames page 100% in size. For instance:-<br />
<br />
<frameset cols="0,100%" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0"><br />
<frame name="left_frame" target="main" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"left_frame.html"><br />
<frame name="main" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"main.html" scrolling="auto"><br />
<br />
This will give you 1 visible window that fills the browser, and will only show the scroll bars when the content gets to that certain point where it needs it.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
<br />
Goody :)<!--content-->if you do not want to use frames try this:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body{overflow:auto;}<br />
</style><!--content-->besides I am on 800x600 and I have a scroll bar<br />
<br />
the scroll bar comes out when the page's content exceeds the browser window. hence when you go smaller it makes the scroll bar. there is no trick to it. just don't make the page bigger then the window<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
besides I am on 800x600 and I have a scroll bar<br />
<br />
the scroll bar comes out when the page's content exceeds the browser window. hence when you go smaller it makes the scroll bar. there is no trick to it. just don't make the page bigger then the window <br />
<br />
Yes there is. set the overflow to hidden (IE only) and it will not show the scrollbars at all. If you set it to auto it will only show them if the need to be shown.<br />
<br />
-Matt<!--content-->exactly, if the page is more than the browser window it will come out, just like when you set it to auto.<br />
<br />
but, I wouldn't use that as some people might have a window that is small and then you would need scrollbars. setting it to hidden will cut part of your page off if it is longer or the window is smaller.<!--content-->Thanks for the help, I wanted to use it because I have a page where the interface graphics take up a lot of space, but the content (flash ) is just a small part in the upper left corner. <br />
<br />
-john<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
exactly, if the page is more than the browser window it will come out, just like when you set it to auto.<br />
<br />
but, I wouldn't use that as some people might have a window that is small and then you would need scrollbars. setting it to hidden will cut part of your page off if it is longer or the window is smaller. <br />
<br />
I thought the whole point was to only have the scrollbars show if the content exceeds the page height/width? That is what my CSS does<!--content-->ya I guess your right. I was thinking it would be gone all the time. don't mind me :)<!--content-->

Back