Next and Previous Buttons

liunx

I am creating a page that is too long to put all on the one screen, so I am going to use next and previous buttons. I don't want to use different .asp pages, I would like to use only the one page and resubmit the appropraite info on the click of the next or previous button.<br />
<br />
What I want to do is this: create one .asp page which will use a case statement to divide the sections that will be accessed by the next and previous buttons. This is no problem. I will use a case statement and in each case, I will put the text and appropriate images for that section, as well as the next and previous buttons. What I am not sure of is how do I resubmit the page and display the new info when I click the next button?<br />
<br />
Can someone help? Thanks!<!--content-->I would think you would have problems with the page expireing unless you can find a way to automatically resubmit the data<!--content-->OK, I don't know anything about ASP. However, this is what I would do to "preserve" session variables:<br />
1. Use cookies. Or<br />
2. Use hidden fields. So if you are directed to somepage.asp using certain name-value pairs and you want to retain them, use <input type="hidden" name="name1" value="value1"> and so forth. How exactly you will do this in ASP, I don't know. But this will work.<!--content-->

Back