newbie navigation help

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,<br />
<br />
I currently have a page using frames, left one for navigation and a main one for content. <br />
<br />
I would like to have colums set on either side of page that never change and a center column which contains content. I see many pages like this but they dont use frames and that is exactly what I want. <br />
<br />
I was thinking of using php includes, and simply creating a table and including the left and right hand code on each page. Then I thought I could forget about tables and use CSS positioning for it all.<br />
<br />
Does this seem feasible?, is including the css in php as simple as any other piece of HTML? I havent dont much with stylesheets yet so am a bit unsure.<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Originally posted by HighTorque <br />
Hello,<br />
<br />
I currently have a page using frames, left one for navigation and a main one for content. <br />
<br />
I would like to have colums set on either side of page that never change and a center column which contains content. I see many pages like this but they dont use frames and that is exactly what I want. <br />
<br />
I was thinking of using php includes, and simply creating a table and including the left and right hand code on each page. Then I thought I could forget about tables and use CSS positioning for it all.<br />
<br />
Does this seem feasible?, is including the css in php as simple as any other piece of HTML? I havent dont much with stylesheets yet so am a bit unsure.<br />
<br />
Thanks sure, it's perfectly feasible. same thing as with HTML, really.<!--content-->

Back