Newbie Alert!!!! I Need Help With My Webpage.

I have created a yahoo auction page using the following html codes:<br />
<br />
<B><CENTER>SAMSUNG 2.0/210K OPTIMUM VISION LCD MINI-DV/MEGAPIXEL CAMCORDER</CENTER><CENTER>WITH FREE TRIPOD WHEN YOU BUY NOW</CENTER></B><br />
<br />
<table border=0 width=100%><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><B><U>CAMCORDER FEATURES</U></B></TD><TD><B><U>TRIPOD FEATURES</U></B></TD><br />
<P><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><U>MiniDV Camcorder</TR></U></td><td><LI>Max Height: 49" Minimum Height: 18.5"</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><LI>10x Optical/6x Digital Zoom</td><TD><LI>Load Limit: 4.4 lbs. Weighs 2.3 lbs.</td><br />
</tr><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>680,000 Pixels CCD</TD><TD><LI>22mm Leg Diameter in 3 sections</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><P><U>Digital Still Camera</U></P></TD><TD><LI>2nd quick releas, 3-way pan head</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>3x Opitcal/6x Digital Zoom</TD><TD><LI>Metal leg brace with lock</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>4.13 Megapixel CCD</TD><TD><LI>Tension Adjustment</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>Schneider Optics</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>Memory Stick (16MB)</TD><br />
</TR><br />
<TR><br />
<TD><LI>0 Lux Nite Pix/Power Nite Pix</TD><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<P><B><U>SHIPPING POLICY</U></B></P><br />
<P><br />
The product will be dropshipped within two business days (most items ship the same day), unless out of stock and in such cases you will be notified within one day. I can only ship to United States and Canadian addresses. <br />
</P><br />
<P><br />
Please understand that we may ship the product via regular USPS mail in order to keep our prices as low as possible. In these cases we are unable to provide a tracking number. When a tracking number is available, we can notify you via email. Shipping one item can be costly as most shipping carriers charge a minimum. In every case we try to ship at the lowest price available.<br />
</P><br />
<P><br />
<B><U>WARRANTY POLICY</U></B><br />
</P><br />
<P>All items carry a 90 manufacturer's warranty except where stated. Many items have up to lifetime guarantees. In any case, as they are manufacturer's warranties, you must contact the manufacturer directly for assistance. Warranty cards must be filled out and submitted in most cases to take advantage of such warranties. For assistance with a manufacturer's warranty, please contact the appropriate product manufacturer. <br />
</P><br />
<br />
The problems I am having are: 1) I would like all of the features section to be centered with the title; 2) I need a space after the line CAMCORDER FEATURES & TRIPOD FEATURES; 3) I also need spaces after 680,000 Pixels CCD & after Digital Still Camera.<br />
<br />
If anyone could help out a newbie, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance.<br />
<br />
Dawn<!--content-->hope this helps:<br />
<br />
<B><CENTER>SAMSUNG 2.0/210K OPTIMUM VISION LCD MINI-DV/MEGAPIXEL CAMCORDER</CENTER><CENTER>WITH FREE <br />
<br />
TRIPOD WHEN YOU BUY NOW</CENTER></B><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<br />
<table border=0 width=100%> <br />
<tr> <br />
<td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><br />
<b><u>CAMCORDER FEATURES</u></b><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<u>MiniDV Camcorder</u><br />
<li>10x Optical/6x Digital Zoom<br />
<li>680,000 Pixels CCD<br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<u>Digital Still Camera</u><br />
<li>3x Opitcal/6x Digital Zoom<br />
<li>4.13 Megapixel CCD<br />
<li>Schneider Optics<br />
<li>Memory Stick (16MB)<br />
<li>0 Lux Nite Pix/Power Nite Pix<br />
</td><br />
<br />
<td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><br />
<b><u>TRIPOD FEATURES</u></b><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<li>Max Height: 49" Minimum Height: 18.5"<br />
<li>Load Limit: 4.4 lbs. Weighs 2.3 lbs.<br />
<li>22mm Leg Diameter in 3 sections<br />
<li>2nd quick releas, 3-way pan head<br />
<li>Metal leg brace with lock<br />
<li>Tension Adjustment<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table> <br />
<br />
<P><B><U>SHIPPING POLICY</U></B></P> <br />
<P> <br />
The product will be dropshipped within two business days (most items ship the same day), unless out <br />
<br />
of stock and in such cases you will be notified within one day. I can only ship to United States and <br />
<br />
Canadian addresses. <br />
</P> <br />
<P> <br />
Please understand that we may ship the product via regular USPS mail in order to keep our prices as <br />
<br />
low as possible. In these cases we are unable to provide a tracking number. When a tracking number is <br />
<br />
available, we can notify you via email. Shipping one item can be costly as most shipping carriers <br />
<br />
charge a minimum. In every case we try to ship at the lowest price available. <br />
</P> <br />
<P> <br />
<B><U>WARRANTY POLICY</U></B> <br />
</P> <br />
<P>All items carry a 90 manufacturer's warranty except where stated. Many items have up to lifetime <br />
<br />
guarantees. In any case, as they are manufacturer's warranties, you must contact the manufacturer <br />
<br />
directly for assistance. Warranty cards must be filled out and submitted in most cases to take <br />
<br />
advantage of such warranties. For assistance with a manufacturer's warranty, please contact the <br />
<br />
appropriate product manufacturer. <br />
</P><!--content-->&nbsp; will create a space. <br> will create a line break. To center a span of text it is best to use something like<br />
<span style="text-align:center; width:100%;">content</span><br />
The span will stretch the whole width of the page but the text will be centered in this span. If you want to center images and things with the text I reccoment using a <div> because it is a block element and that is what is designed for. I hope that did not go over your head. Keep in mind <br> creates a line break, <p> denotes a paragraph, so if you simply want a break in the text or a space do not use <p><!--content-->before anything else, get your code valid, you've got some serious nesting issues:<br />
<br />
<td><U>MiniDV Camcorder</TR></U></td><td><<br />
<br />
and LI's where the shouldn't go and aren't closed<br />
<br />
<LI>Max Height: 49" Minimum Height: 18.5"<br />
<br />
I stopped reading there<!--content-->for future reference, <li> is a bullet for a list. It should idealy be inside of a <ul> which denotes the start of a list. Nesting tables is a bad practice which will make your code unorganised and eat up your bandwidth, plus it will be unaccessable to some browsers (ns4). Also yahoo is a terrible host and they will screw you with low bandwidth, ads, and invalid code. You will find that out soon enough. Please name your post more appropriatly next time so that we can know what we are helping you with when we look over the forums.<!--content-->Random,<br />
<br />
I noticed you got the spaces where I wanted them, but I am not too thrilled about the text being centered like it is. I have a printout of what my codes made it look like. Would it be easier if you had this to help me? I could scan it and email it to you. Let me know. Thanks again.<!--content-->Get rid of the align="center" in his code to take the text out of alignment. To align text within a <li><span><div><p><td> whatever the element it is better to use style="text-align:center;" then the align element. I posted that earlier.<!--content-->

Back