Newb Question about MS Access and HTML

liunx

sorry for the newbie question but i really am a newbie, anyways i have this final project for school coming to a close real soon, and i still have no clue as to what i need to integrate a MS Access Database into a webpage that i have to build. The database is made, i just have to learn how to intgrate it so i can see the info from the database on the website. thanks all, sorry again for the newb question. oh yeah, its very basic what i need, dont need to search anything from the database, just need it to display whats in the database, and the database is small.<!--content-->You will need ASP knowledge for that one....As far as I know it is Microsoft proprietary code that doesn't allow PHP to call it....ASP and PHP are bascially the same.<!--content-->Actually, ASP and PHP are quite different.. ASP is a collection of objects, technically.<br />
<br />
You will need knowledge of ASP, ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), and SQL (Structured Squery Language).<br />
<br />
Post your problem in the ASP forum for more help.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Andrew Buntine.<!--content-->Lol....<br />
I was told that PHP and ASP support the same functions.<!--content-->Ohh hell no! lol<br />
<br />
They are both server-side technologies, however, they are quite different.<br />
<br />
Even the syntax is completely different. PHP inherits from C whilst ASP gets its syntax from BASIC.<br />
<br />
Regards.<!--content-->I only know what I've learned or been told!<!--content-->You can connect to an Access database using PHP. It's not great though. See:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/PHP/Recipe/123709">http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbo ... ipe/123709</a><!-- m --> <br />
<br />
Hope this helps<!--content-->Interesting, it would be a pretty bad idea, though..<br />
<br />
ASP can handle Access, MySQL, Oracle, Informix, etc, etc.<br />
<br />
Regards.<!--content-->I agree, I wouldn't even consider it. PHP works much better with the infinitely superior MySQL db anyway. I prefer ASP though but sadly our budget does not extend to SQL server on most projects so Access is mostly what we have to work with (which is fine so long as no more than 40 people don't use the site at the same time).<!--content-->Same, i am an ASP man..<br />
<br />
However, i think Oracal is superior when compared to Access and MySQL. Its pricey, though.<!--content-->It's Oracle....I've only used MySQL....It's nice to me....<!--content-->

Back