new question: iframe inset colors

liunx

Check out the attachment. Look where the arrow is pointing to on the image and that is what I'm wanting to alter.<br />
<br />
I don't want it to be white and am curious if this can be changed with code?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->I think you can with a combination of CSS border attributes<!--content-->Does anyone know for sure if there is an actual answer to my question?<br />
<br />
Ty,<br />
G<br />
:D<!--content-->Hi there Thee Gandalf,<br />
<br />
Here is the answer to your prayers...I hope :D<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>bordered iframe</title><br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
iframe<br />
{<br />
position:absolute;<br />
left: 200px;<br />
top: 200px;<br />
width: 30%;<br />
height: 45%;<br />
border-style:solid;<br />
border-width:10px;<br />
border-color:#ff0000;<br />
z-index: 1;<br />
}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<iframe frameborder="1" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/""><br />
</iframe><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
coothead<!--content-->The declarations you provided are for a border around the iframe...however, that's not what I was asking.<br />
<br />
Now that I think about about it, I'm not sure if coloring the iframe is actually possible as that would be part of the browser window itself.<br />
<br />
Is it possible to actually color the iframe itself (not the background)??<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Hi there Gandalf,<br />
<br />
I am sorry but when I posted the code I forgot to set the frameborder and margins to zero as follows...<br />
<br />
<iframe frameborder="0" src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px"><br />
<br />
and then you can use a variety of border styles to suit your taste :D <br />
<br />
coothead<!--content-->Originally posted by Thee Gandalf <br />
The declarations you provided are for a border around the iframe...however, that's not what I was asking.<br />
<br />
Now that I think about about it, I'm not sure if coloring the iframe is actually possible as that would be part of the browser window itself.<br />
<br />
Is it possible to actually color the iframe itself (not the background)??<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D <br />
that picture you have is pointing right at the iframe border. yes that is what coothead did and yes it works and tha tis what you asked for. :)<!--content-->

Back