New problem. I hope your *fresh* eyes can notice it!

liunx

Hi there.<br />
I've been working AGES on this, and i'm going boggled eyed, i've been searching and searching, trying new things, but nothing seems to work.<br />
<br />
Basically, the "table" at the bottom of each of my pages doesn't stretch to the whole page, it only stretches about 75% of the way, i'm sure this is a table error, but I can't see any missing table tags.<br />
<br />
I have put a big line where that "table" at the bottom begins.<br />
Thank you very much if yuo can tell me what's causing this.<br />
<br />
I have attached the file as .txt.<!--content-->Your attachment doesn't do anyone very much good without the style sheet and the images to see what is going on. It would be much better if you can post a link.<br />
<br />
Also, I will repeat the age-old admonition that you should not use tables for layout (some believe that it is a sin).<br />
<br />
The other thing that I know will cause you problems is when you specify height and width for images inside of table cells and then also specify the table cell width and/or height. Let the content size the cell, then if you need to adjust something as a last result (or if the cell is empty) use the table cell height/width.<br />
<br />
Be aware that images have a default border size.<!--content-->Hi there.<br />
Thank you for your reply.<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, it is on a LAN so I cannot provide a link, my apologies.<br />
<br />
The CSS:<br />
<br />
<br />
FONT{FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
TD{FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
BODY{FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
P{FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
DIV{FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
<br />
body {scrollbar-3dlight-color : #cccccc; scrollbar-arrow-color : #000000; scrollbar-base-color : #cccccc; scrollbar-darkshadow-color : #2f4f4f; scrollbar-face-color : #cccccc; scrollbar-highlight-color : #cccccc; scrollbar-shadow-color : #cccccc; scrollbar-track-color : #ededed; }<br />
<br />
FORM {FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10px}<br />
A:link {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #4682B4; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
A:active {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #4682B4; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
A:visited {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #4682B4; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
A:hover {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.title {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.content {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica}<br />
.block-title {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica}<br />
.storytitle {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.storycat {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}<br />
.boxtitle {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.boxcontent {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica}<br />
.option {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.tiny {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.small {BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 9px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}<br />
.texte {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000000}<br />
<br />
input,textarea, select { color : #000000; font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 1px solid #202020; border-color : #000000; }<br />
<br />
input.post, textarea.post, select { background-color : #fefefe; }<br />
<br />
input { text-indent : 2px; }<br />
<br />
input.button { background-color : #bbd2ee; color : #000000; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 1px solid #202020; }<br />
<br />
input.radio {background-color: #fefefe;}<br />
<br />
input.mainoption { background-color : #c9e1f3; font-weight : bold; }<br />
<br />
input.liteoption { background-color : #c9e1f3; font-weight : normal; }<!--content-->This thing is mad! lol<!--content-->That table seems to be fine to me in IE 6.0 and NS 7.1 and Opera, I could check with NS4 tomorrow, if it matters.<br />
<br />
Maybe it's your cache or something?<!--content-->I checked IE 5.5 and Mozilla 1.5 and it looks fine.<br />
<br />
<font> tags and external CSS?<br />
<br />
*bangs head against desk*<!--content-->Hi there.<br />
Basically what I see, is that the bottom table doesn't stretch along the whole of the bottom of the page, it puts itself directly under the tabl above which holds the html content.<br />
It should start itself below the languages table and stretch along the whole.<br />
<br />
Weird...<br />
Thanks for your replies!<!--content-->YES!<br />
Found the Bug!<br />
Fresh eyes after sleep are much better!<br />
<br />
Line 228 of problme.txt<br />
<br />
<tr><br />
<td bgcolor="F5F5F5"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4"><br />
<div align="center"><br />
<br />
I shouldn't have had that <table><br />
This aligns it all perfectly now ;)<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->

Back