New Change in Google

gunta2009

Everyone see the new look of Google?Like or dislike?Is it just me... but does Google have a new look?Well, I don't know 'bout the new look, but it's running about 50x faster than it normally does for me.. That I certainly like! yeah, it seems to have changedI like that the Froogle link is back up on the homepage. Hoepfully more people will begin to use it.I'm neitral about it, I don't like it, but I don't dislike it.It may just take some getting use to. I use Google everyday, probably almost 50 times daily, and seeing this big change, I guess my eyes just arnt use to it yet.Anyone also notice that Google Adwords dropped the two sponsored listings at the top, and now they are along the side. I am starting to wonder if this was not just for cosmetic changes. This would then in turn move the usual 3rd and 4th positions further down and so on. I have noticed that for my more competitive keywords, the bidding costs have increased, some dramtically in the last few days. Im guessing because the competition is now even greater to be in the top listings, just to show up where they did before.oooooooo boy I just checked my adwords campaigns since reading your post vetofunk, and the clicks have at least doubled. Thats unusual since I just cut back daily spending the other day. I think it might be time to drop them for awhile, as they dont seem to be making my phone ring any more than before.vetofunk wrote:Thanks ATNO/TW. I think Im going to reel in my settings a bit more, regionally. Ive got it set from where you are to Cleveland at the moment.I remember reading about Google wanting to change the format, and I guess they finally have. I wonder if they anticipated the effect on advertisers. I have one keyword for a client of ours that has increased over $0.30 per click, about 30%. I am blaming this on the change to adwords...or the price per gallon for gas :-/vetofunk wrote:I have looked through about 20 of my clients so far and about 1/4 were effected. I only have about 3 or 4 clients that sell regionally so I cannot stop advertising nationally for 90% of them.What I will do is increase my bidding might a small percentage, let the other big advertisers drive the price up until they see that the ROI is getting to high, and they will decrease their bidding prices, which will then drive the price back down.