New browser window... From a text file

windows

Ok, i know there are a lot of people who have asked something like this, but I need to open a new browser window from a link embedded in a text file.<br />
<br />
But here's the catch, a flash file enbedded in an html page loads the text file into a text box, the text has several links in it, I need to know how can I make each of the links to open a new page with no features (toolbar, favorites, address, etc...)<br />
<br />
So far the only way I have been able to make it work has been with the target="_blank" option, but it does not allow me to remove the features, can anyone tell me how can I make it work and also tell me where and how to put the script in the text file??<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks:confused:<!--content-->It can be done but I wouldn't be the one to tell you how. I feel tricks like this are messing with my software that you have no right to play with.<br />
<br />
These are dirty and underhanded tricks to create stickyness to a site that should be gunned down.<!--content-->your software???<br />
<br />
what the heck are you talking about??<br />
<br />
and no, I know this sounds like i am wanting to do some pop ups, but no, i am developing a multimedia show which displays you a text file and certain words with obscure meaning in this file are links, which open another window with some text that explains you the word.<br />
<br />
I don't know where you got the idea i'm hacking at "your" software, nor what the heck does it do, nor which software it is as a matter of fact...<br />
<br />
If youre going to post trash like this please refrain, as i do need to know how to do this.<!--content-->sounds to me like you need to call javascript from your flash pages. This is possible, and certantly to do what you want... but I think it'd be better to display that info right on the page. If your dynamically loading data, you could also dynamically load the explanations into the same file, negating the need to spawn a pop up(yes its a popup if you open a new window). <br />
<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flashkit.com">www.flashkit.com</a><!-- w --> for help on calling javascripts from flash files.<!--content-->I do know that those are pop ups, but it seemed to me like entimp was accusing me of building pop ups for web pages<br />
<br />
Regarding to your reply I did that, but the page just looks too cramped, so I wanted to try and see how it looked without the extra windows in the html template.<br />
<br />
I thought that maybe it could look cleaner, think of it as an encyclopedia, in which you have a word and when you need to know its meaning you click on it and a window pops up and shows you its meaning.<br />
<br />
And no, it is not made for a web page, it is supposed t be built upon a CD, for pc's with a very slow proccessor (not even a pentium), so the solution that I came upon was making it so each section was very low in weight.<br />
<br />
Anyway thanks for the suggestion.<br />
<br />
PS Do you know what the heck was entimp talking about???<br />
'Cause i haven't the slightest idea :confused:<!--content-->I'm thinking tooltips/ titles/ alt tags are a cleaner way around this. Also remember that flash by nature is more processor intensive than straight html pages. <br />
<br />
<br />
this:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"#" alt="extra description here...">Complex words</a><br />
<br />
is much less complicated and less processor intense than opening new windows or using flash to display text.<!--content-->

Back