Netscape and empty table cells

liunx

this is my first post here... bear with me :)<br />
<br />
in netscape if a cell of my table contains nothing, then instead of seeing the bgcolor of my table, i see the bgcolor of whatever i underneath the table :(. how do i make it show the bgcolor of my table even if the cell contains no content (aside from putting periods in the cell etc).<br />
<br />
thanks!<!--content-->correct, Netscape needs something in it to render it. so just use this<br />
<br />
<td>& nbsp;</td><br />
<br />
without the space of cource.<!--content-->ahh that was easy. thanks.<!--content-->another question along the same lines<br />
<br />
i have a background image for my whole table, it is the same size as my table. it looks fine in IE showing the images as the background for the whole table, however in netscape, every cell seems to be trying to display the image separately (a bunch of choppy images rather than one image being used for the whole table) any ideas? id give a link but its not live.<!--content-->that is another bug in Netscape. it will not work background images in tables as it tries to tile them. either don't use them in tables or you can make one image the size of the table you use. say your table is 600px then make a image that is 600 in width. will not work in the table doe snot use %,like 100%.<!--content-->the image is the exact size of my table...<!--content-->Moorehed,<br />
<br />
Here's a little trick to fix your cell problem. Just put this into the tags of the cells the image is trying to tile in> background="" That's it. That'll take care of your problem. Hope that helps!<br />
<br />
James<!--content-->

Back