NETSCAPE 4.75 Form Problems

liunx

Here's my problem...<br />
<br />
I'm coding a survey, and need to have answers saving in my forms. I do this via ASP. Now in every single browser, the answers save by using the checked command on my radio buttons.<br />
<br />
It seems that Netscape 4.75 doesn't like to recognize this, and therefore doesn't work.<br />
<br />
Here's a code sample:<br />
------------------------<br />
<input type="radio" name="olb_srv_q1" value="excellent" <%if session("q1") = "excellent" then response.write "checked"%>> Excellent<br><br />
------------------------<br />
<br />
Anybody know what's going on?<!--content-->ASP processing is completely independant of the browser as it is performed on the server. I would think that if you view the source you will find checked in there. If that is the case then maybe that NS4.75 does not support the shorthand attrbiutes. What I mean by this is that the correct (XHTML 1.0 compliant) means of specifying checked is checked="checked". Try modifying your response.write to print that.<!--content-->Some versions of NS4.x also had problems with long or involved names, so try changing the name to a really simple thing like 'a' or 'myname' instead of a lot of underscores, etc.<!--content-->do you have a link? it sounds like you forgot some code. NS doesn't like forgotten code which is really bad coding. what is the rest of the code? make sure you didn't forget the form tag.<!--content-->

Back