Need to make JQuery AJAX request to PHP with JSON array returned and cycled through

navyman

I have a web page that thats sends an Ajax request with a javascript object, using JQuery, to a PHP script which processes the data and then returns a JSON array. I then need to present the first items in the array within a HTML DIV and at the click of a button swap the HTML to present the next items in the array.Here is the PHP script code.\[code\]$arr[] = array("firstname"=>"Mike", "surname"=>"Jones");$arr[] = array("firstname"=>"James", "surname"=>"Smith");$arr[] = array("firstname"=>"Jenny", "surname"=>"Williams");$json = json_encode($arr);echo $json;\[/code\]Here is the JSON array whic the PHP script returns.\[code\][{ "firstname": "Mike", "surname": "Jones"},{ "firstname": "James", "surname": "Smith"},{ "firstname": "Jenny", "surname": "Williams"}]\[/code\]Here are parts in question within the HTML.\[code\]<div id="person"><div><button id="next">Next Person</button>\[/code\]Here is the JavaScript using the JQuery library.\[code\]$.ajax({type: "POST",url: "request.php",dataType: 'json',data: datasend,success: handleRequest});function handleRequest(response) { var jsondata = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3850746/response; //want to show the first, firstname and surname within person div, from json array //$('#person').html("Firstname =" + firstnamevar + "Surname = " + surnamevar); }$('#next').click(function() { //want to move to the next firstname and surname, in the son array });\[/code\]Within the 'handleRequest' function I want to add the first firstname and surname to the html within the person div.Then on the next button click I want to move along the JSON array and add the next persons firstname and surname to the div.Thanks for any help!Dave

Back