Need to get rid of a grey boarder on a cell

liunx

Alright well this is my website:<br />
<br />
Generals Legion (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://members.cox.net/daniellematoga/Generals%20Legion.htm">http://members.cox.net/daniellematoga/G ... Legion.htm</a><!-- m -->) <br />
<br />
I found it that i pretty much dont need variable height news dealies its easy enough to edit them manualy as each set is only 12kb.<br />
<br />
Any ways if you'll notice with the little plus sign type thing the vertical stripe has 2 interuptions.<br />
<br />
These are by a cell in the main table which has a 1pt boarder this boarder is the same color as the backround and i use them to better keep track of my cells (changing the boarder to red for the ones i am changing).<br />
<br />
Anyways the grey boarder interupts the vertical stripe and although its not that crucial if you will I would like to know how to get rid of it.<br />
<br />
Any sugdestions?<!--content-->I think the only way is to set the border to "0".<br />
<br />
Maybe theres some CSS thaat could fix it, but I dont know of any.<!--content-->yes, just set the border to 0 (zero) and change it to 1 when you need to edit the page. These <p> tags make no sense since you are not closing them:<br />
<br />
<p align="left" style="line-height: 200%"><br />
<br />
I doubt placing <p> tags inside of a <ul> is "legal" HTML code, you should just make a class for the <ul> and define its properties in a style sheet, would also reduce all that repetitive HTML code. And the line-height, if it really displayed at 200%, would be gigantic I would think.<br />
<br />
Page transition effect is too slow, will get very old very fast for visitors to your website, make it 1 instead of 4 if you insist on keeing them.<!--content-->The reason i have to make it repetative is because I did it originaly and the bullets for the nav bar where white, I want them to be black as it looks better which means i have to use repetative html, this also cause all the text to be displayed far far too small so I made everything larger and such.<br />
<br />
Its all about the bullets :D .<br />
<br />
Anyways yes changing the boarder to 0 for everythin would work but i would have to reposition everything.<br />
<br />
Personaly I like the blend effect but thats just me, might change that later on though.<!--content-->Okay, what about setting the border to zero and increasing the cellpadding by 1 or 2 to make up for it? That way, you wouldn't have to reposition everything.<br />
<br />
Technically, a left aligned paragraph isn't necessary, because that's the default. You could make a stylesheet for the list that would include the font face, size and so on and then just have each item in the list tagged as <ul class="ulist">, to use a sample name for the sheet. <br />
<br />
Kevin, as far as I can tell, the line height only makes it look double-spaced, rather than single-spaced.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->Originally posted by Legion5 <br />
The reason i have to make it repetative is because I did it originaly and the bullets for the nav bar where white, I want them to be black as it looks better which means i have to use repetative html, this also cause all the text to be displayed far far too small so I made everything larger and such.<br />
<br />
Its all about the bullets :D .<br />
<br />
Anyways yes changing the boarder to 0 for everythin would work but i would have to reposition everything.<br />
<br />
Personaly I like the blend effect but thats just me, might change that later on though. <br />
why would taking the border away make you reposition everything? it is just a border<!--content-->because certain things have to be alighned, i fixed it though so it deont matter.<!--content-->you fixed it? I still see a line break on that verticle line.<br />
<br />
nevermind, I had to refresh<br />
<br />
so it looks the same so where did the reposition thing come in at?<!--content-->Originally posted by Pegasus <br />
Kevin, as far as I can tell, the line height only makes it look double-spaced, rather than single-spaced.<br />
<br />
Peg <br />
<br />
Yea, I think you're right. 100% would be default line-height, 200% would in effect be double-spaced. But then you can just use a double <br> tag for that. :cool:<!--content-->You could, I suppose, Kevin. But wouldn't that add to the weight of the page? And I'm not sure, but doesn't a double <br> mess up a list item? <br />
<br />
<shrug> Mind you, I tend to use the editor to create my lists, so I can't say as I'd know for sure. I'd have to add the second <br> tag in after I'd created the list, I think. Or else it makes the entire section as one list item. <br />
<br />
*g* I'm not sure now. I'll have to go try it. I don't normally use listed items.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->the reason i had to minorly reposition is because the vertical line is 3 seperate pictures so if u take off the boarder it gets move around by 1 pixed not too much work but i have to tweak a few things.<br />
<br />
Anyways now onto problem 2.<br />
<br />
Changing Scroll Bar Color (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25963">http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.ph ... adid=25963</a><!-- m -->)<!--content-->

Back