need some help with Dreamweaver...

liunx

hey people...<br />
<br />
I have been having trouble with dreamweaver, and I can't seem to solve this minor issue :( <br />
<br />
Whenever I try to put an image directly at the top of the webpage it automatically spaces it down about 10 pixels, and I don't know why.<br />
<br />
I have checked to make sure that there are no cell layouts. And that's roughly the extent my my knowledge.<br />
<br />
Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated...<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks again...:)<!--content-->this can be fixed without dreamweaver (I wouldn't know how anyway).<br />
<br />
If you look at the html code itself, you will find a <body> tag somewhere down the page.<br />
<br />
If you enter in the following attribute into that tag, you should lose the margin:<br />
<br />
<body leftmargin='0' topmargin='0'><br />
<br />
Hope this works ;)<!--content-->woohoo....<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you so much.....it worked perfectly :)<!--content-->no problem.<br />
<br />
Now there is the matter of my *ahem* fee... :D<!--content-->Legaii, I'm not sure which version you're using, but "Command+J" (Mac) or Windows>Page Properties will get you to the spot where you can adjust your margins. <br />
<br />
*lol* Your "fee", Horus? Isn't that supposed to be two pennies over the eyes? Or is that for Chirion? *g*<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->ah yes...<br />
<br />
Thanks...I wanted to know if there was a way I could edit it in the GUI, without manually inserting the code...<br />
<br />
I use Dreamweaver MX, and when I click "windows---properties", the panel doesn't show me anything about the margins.<br />
<br />
Is there another way I can adust the margins in the GUI...<br />
<br />
and thanks alot fellas I really appreciate the help :)<br />
<br />
eep...forgot to mention that I use Windows, not Mac...:D<!--content-->That's okay. The programme works the same for both platforms. I just wasn't sure what the Windows keyboard shortcut was. *g*<br />
<br />
You don't want the "Properties" menu, you want the "Page Properties" menu. It's the same one you use to change the background colour/image, the text and link colours and so on. <br />
<br />
Okay, found my destruction manual for DW. It's "Control+J" or "Modify>Page Properties". The margin settings are just below the text/link colour settings.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->woohoo....<br />
<br />
you Rawk....I found it.....thanks a Bajillion...<!--content-->*lol* You're quite welcome.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->

Back