Need help with the PHP/SQL portion of an address book I'm making

holybagelgrl

I just got help with the jQuery portion of this code (thanks David Thomas)this is my current code so far, I was wondering what else I need so that the results are returned.\[code\] <div class="toolbar"> <a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick='$("#addC<?=$_SESSION['user_id'];?>").toggle();'><p id="addC20" style="float: left"></p></a> <p style="float: right; position: relative; top: 0px; left: -10px;">Contact Manager</p> </div><!-- end toolbar --> <script> $(document).ready(function(){ $('#names a.names').click(function(){ var thisId = $(this).attr('id'); $('#detailsPane').load('dependencies/ajax/contacts.ajax.php #' + thisId); return false; }) }); </script> <div id="names"> <h3>Contacts</h3> <ul id="post"> <? while($row = mysql_fetch_array($contacts)) ?> <li><a class="names" id="<?=$row['id'];?>"><?=$row['first_name'];?>, <?=$row['last_name'];?></a></li> </ul><!-- end post --> </div><!-- end names --> <div id="detailsPane"> </div> <div class="cushion"></div>\[/code\]From this, the names or contacts are pulled from my database in my while loop, but I think whats causing me logic and confusion is how the ajax.php will then grab the ID from the 'a' anchor and pass it into my new output. What code do I need to format the data in my detailsPane?

Back