Need help with creating my mailto link

liunx

I've put a mailto link on my webpage and I want to know how I could make it come up with text already in the subject box as well as text already in the message box so that when someone clicks on it, all they have to do is enter the answers to the questions and hit send. How do I do this?<!--content-->mailto:[email protected]?subject=goeshere?body=text<!--content-->I did manage to get the subject part to work but still can't get the body part even using the way that you told me to. Am I missing something?<br />
<br />
Could you also tell me how to make it so that when someone clicks that email link to send me a message, it pops up but still leaves the webpage up as well so that when they send the mail, My webpage is still in view? <br />
<br />
The way it does now is that when you click on the email link the webpage goes away. I want it to stay. and I still need to figure out hoe to make the body message work too.<br />
<br />
Thank you for your help. I'm new to this stuff but I'm really enjoying learning it.<br />
Currie<!--content-->ok...lemme see if i can help regarding the email body<br />
<br />
i'm sure that "mailto:[email protected]?subject=goeshere?body=text" is correct as the other dude said - but i read somewhere it is the email client and not the browser that controls this and interprets the parameters and that certain clients have problems with the body section<br />
<br />
i guess this doesnt help - but it may be why you're having problems???<!--content-->how do get the webpage to stay up when the email link is clicked? so that when the email has been sent, My webpage is still in view for my visiter to look at.<!--content-->Originally posted by currie <br />
how do get the webpage to stay up when the email link is clicked? so that when the email has been sent, My webpage is still in view for my visiter to look at. <br />
<br />
<br />
hrmmm<br />
not sure quite what's happenning there<br />
<br />
when you click the link it should open the viewers email client so the web broweser shoudl still be there??<br />
<br />
*look at my code*<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]"><br />
<br />
that's what i've got and it works fine<!--content-->Originally posted by fevertje <br />
mailto:[email protected]?subject=goeshere?body=text <br />
<br />
That's close. The question mark in front of the word BODY should be an ampersand instead.<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]?subject=goeshere&body=text"><br />
<br />
Give that a go.<!--content-->You're so right, my stupidity. Sorry for my error. Must be that I'm really braindead as many of my friends keep telling me :eek:<!--content-->

Back