Need Help Please!

MaDDoGCraZ

I have problems with my CSS i can't save anything Templates/Color for Fonts/Common Templates, nothing i do will let me save, I do however get this Error Massage:

This error can sometimes occur as a result of Suhosin / Hardened PHP being installed on your server. If you know that you have Suhosin running and you have access to the PHP configuration, try increasing the value of the following variables:
• php_value suhosin.post.max_vars
• php_value suhosin.request.max_vars

I have contacted the server and they tell me this:

For security reasons the suhosin values can not be changed. You should not get that error on a licensed software.

Now my skin is Z-Series Blue that i purchased with License.

Can anybody help me with this please?
Any suggestions or support would be appreciated.

Grinderhand

Try this:

Make an .htaccess file in your public_html (or add to exisitng) that contains this:

Code:
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/youraccount/public_html

Then make a php.ini file in your public_html (or add to exisitng) that contains this:

Code:
suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048

This will either do one of two things: alter your suPHP settings to what you need OR it will disable suPHP altogether. Check your PHP info after you make these changes to find out which way it's working. Either way, you'll be able to make your CSS changes without problems. When you're done, comment out the ConfigPath line to re-enable suhosin. It's a great security mod when running on shared hosting, and a pain in the ass when misconfigured by idiot hosts. You should be able to make these changes permanent on your own, but if your host refuses to change their configuration to accomodate you, this could be a work-around.

MaDDoGCraZ

I did everything you said, i had to make php.ini in it i put this:

suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048

Then i added this in my .htaccess this:

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/youraccount/public_html

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

deny from 207.6.245.61
deny from 66.249.71.131

But still the Error comes up and i can't save.

Grinderhand

After you made those changes, did you take a look at your PHP info to see if it had any effect?

AdminCP -> Maintenance -> View PHP Info

MaDDoGCraZ

Sorry I forgot to paste it, here is the php info: Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in [path]/admincp/index.php on line 1051

Grinderhand

PHP configuration would be what you want. You'll probably have to scroll through it to find the suhosin section.

Or pull down General Server Information if you have it, PHP info might be in there as well.

MaDDoGCraZ

PHP Configuration:

29-06-20099-53-07AM.png

Grinderhand

Argh, hate cPanelx. Check your account root to see if there's a .htaccess file that may have something in it that's interfering. If not, maybe someone else has an idea, but it sure sounds like your host has suhosin locked up tight and isn't going to budge.

MaDDoGCraZ

No .htaccess in root only .bash files and .ftpqouta and some others.

Looks like there is no hope to get this fixed in a hurry.....lol

dark_hunter

Add an .htaccess file in the admincp folder with this code inside:
PHP:
php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 5000
php_value suhosin.post.max_value_length 500000
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 5000
php_value suhosin.request.max_value_length 500000
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_array_depth 500
php_value suhosin.post.max_array_depth 500

To unblock phpinfo(), do this: Create a file called php.ini in the admincp folder in the forum directory, add these lines to it:
PHP:
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048