need help please

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am creating an html newsletter to email. This will be a template that will be opened in outlook express through messaging\new message using.<br />
<br />
I will copy and paste text from word into the file. I want to create links at the top (news headlines) that link down the page to the story.<br />
<br />
In HTML I have used anchors to do this. For this job I need to do it in word. In word I have tried creating a hyperlink to headline and also cross-referenced to a bookmark.<br />
The hyperlink apears when the email is sent but it does not link.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Scott<!--content-->Why not just upload the newsletter to wherever your web-site is and provide a link to it in the e-mail, of perhaps e-mail them and iframe with the src attribute set to the url of the newsletter<!--content-->If you're using Outlook to send emails:<br />
Create the layout of the page in regular HTML (use Dreamweaver/Frontpage or Notepad). Anything is possible: anchors, layers, forms.... and save file in:<br />
<br />
\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery <br />
<br />
and you can select your html-file in Outlook this way: <br />
Choose: Action >> New Mail Message Using >> More Stationery <br />
and your HTML-file will be one of the files! <br />
Outlook wil send the pics with the message.... <br />
<br />
Tip for sending de newsletter: do not send the file to all recipients, but only to yourself, and add all the recipients to the Bcc-field. This way no recipient can see the emailadresses of the other recipients!<br />
<br />
<br />
For Outlook Express: <br />
1. Choose Format >> Rich Text (HTML)<br />
2. Choose View >> Source and the 2nd guide-card (I can't remember the correct english word for it) will give you the opportuniy to copy-paste the HTML-code into it.<br />
(or do the same as described for Outlook)<!--content-->Originally posted by Quasibobo <br />
2nd guide-card (I can't remember the correct english word for it) <br />
<br />
:confused: tab maybe? Where are you from?<!--content-->Freely translated from dutch into english it's: tab-page. My dictionary doesn't contain the word :(<!--content-->LOL - guess I'd go for page tab then!<!--content-->

Back