need help on intranet database for powerpoint documents

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hi i want to create a intranet database for my powerpoint documents so i can do a research without connecting to the web just to a folder on my mac and find documents using specific keywords. Can you tell me what software can do this kind of task and what language should i be looking at ?<br />
I would like the search engine to run on internet explorer and it's search queries to go into every word of the powerpoint documents.<br />
Any hint would help me a lot<br />
thanx !!!!!<!--content-->that sounds a bit complex,because you want to the search engine to actually read the *.ppt file, and go through any text in it.<br />
For that alone(if I am not mistaken) you will need to write some code in VB(if this is possible to begin with)..so I'd say..look into VB and search the internet to read *ppt files with it,I hope you will find your answer<!--content-->I didn't think that was the most difficult part !<br />
Because i saw many softwares able to read all of the microsoft formats easily including ppt, so i'll take a look at the vb way of doing things, do you have an idea for the rest : which language could do the search engine in itself? how i can access this on intranet using macintosh?<br />
thanx for your help<!--content-->

Back