Navigation Links

liunx

What do you like - or think - is best for nav links?<!--content-->I've always like the navigation on the left ONLY if used with a certain layout. I like the "web-site-goes-horizontal-all-the-way-across-the-browser" sorta site and the navigation on the left...those are hard to come by obviously.<br />
<br />
But in every other case, I would like the navigation on the bottom.<br />
<br />
-James<!--content-->I've always like the navigation on the left ONLY if used with a certain layout. <br />
<br />
I know what you mean - that has to be done just right or it can look "messy"..for lack of a better word...<!--content-->I guess it really matters on what sort of content you have on your web page. down the left is good if you have lots of links which you dont want to get in the way, but if you have only one line of links, at the top would prob be good, esp if there is lots of reading on the page, Having the nav at the bottom would be ok if you had one at the top also, because most people dont scroll down the whole page to find the links.<br />
<br />
hope that helps :rocker:<!--content-->Having the nav at the bottom would be ok if you had one at the top also, because most people dont scroll down the whole page to find the links. <br />
<br />
that was very interesting because that's what I'm working on now - getting some main one's on the top as well as the ones I'm finishing up on the bottom. My old site had them on the left and I rarely see them on the right. That's why I was curious what others thought - always looking to improve ,you know! thanks for the input!!<!--content-->Yes, lol, the one on the bottom, is that going to be links which are related to the page, which people would be likley to go to after they have read that page? and the one at the top the main links?<!--content-->the one on the bottom, is that going to be links which are related to the page, which people would be likley to go to after they have read that page? and the one at the top the main links? <br />
<br />
That's what I'm working on - but I've got almost 700 pages so this is a HUGE job. I've really got to learn Server Side Includes! Before I go stark raving mad..lol. I was thinking just some key links at the top to major sections to keep it to one simple bar. I don't really want to junk it up too much, you know? Not sure how that one is going to look just yet, either!!<!--content-->

Back