Nav bar question

liunx

I'm brand-spanking new to building web pages and need help with a hyperlink question.<br />
<br />
I read a post here regarding links with no line under them and will try that. But what I'm wondering is, in HTML is there a way that when someone is browsing a page the link in the nav bar at the top of the page they are viewing can be a different color to indicate which page they are viewing?<br />
<br />
I've included a mock-up of what I'm wanting to do. In the example, the viewer would be on the "About Us" page.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.earlclark.com/images/navbar001.htm">http://www.earlclark.com/images/navbar001.htm</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Please explain in simple terms because as I said, I'm a totally newbie.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Earl<!--content-->HTML itself does not keep track of the state of the page,therefore there is not way for html to compare.However,there are work arounds and techniques you can use,for e.g<br />
highlite the link for all the pages,so when a page is being viewed link for it will be highlited...make sense?<!--content-->Khalid,<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
I think I understand what you're saying.<br />
<br />
I would make a separate nav bar for each page much as I did in the example. Then use either a different colored text or make the area around the current page link text a diiferent color.<br />
<br />
Thanks again,<br />
<br />
Earl<!--content-->You have to do it like its not DHTML or CSS like<br />
<br />
Home.html the First link is white then once you make the page for the first page you make the text of page your on a different color like for example <br />
<br />
-Home------------------------------<br />
Anime<br />
^v^v^<br />
<br />
<br />
--After you get on the page anime--<br />
<br />
-Home------------------------------<br />
Anime<br />
<br />
<br />