Nav bar help

liunx

Anyone,<br />
If you will take a look at my site (go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crosswinds.net/~cokacola-650/index2.html">www.crosswinds.net/~cokacola-650/index2.html</a><!-- w -->), im trying to make a nav bar, i already had one now im replacing it w/ a better one. If you view the source code, you will find i got the script from dynamicdrive.com (the top frame). I cant figure out how to get the nav bar so that it will overlap and go below the top fram, so that so of the links arent cut off. If you could e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> with any ideas, or sites to visit, that would be very appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
cokacola650<!--content-->i'm using something like that on a site, Coke, and no, i don't think you can overflow onto another frame. some Microbians-level hacker guru somewhere might have it figured out, but i don't think i've ever seen it actually done. assuming it's even possible, it probably isn't going to work across multiple platforms.<br />
<br />
best thing to do is to dump frames, or use iframes instead (THOSE you might be able to overlap onto).<!--content-->go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.avhistory.org">www.avhistory.org</a><!-- w -->, its done there, so i no its possible. What are iframes?<!--content-->iframes are inline frames. like this:<br />
__________________<br />
| |<br />
| ___________ |<br />
| | | |<br />
| | | |<br />
| | iframe | |<br />
| | | |<br />
| |_________| |<br />
| |<br />
|________________|<!--content-->the avhistory site isn't literally overflowing the submenu into the other frame. it's actually using the DOM somehow to display the submenu portion in the lower frame only. it's not actually overlapping. i don't know how it's done, and don't have time to sift through the JavaScript, but perhaps you could hack it apart yourself. it will likely take some massaging to get it to work well (as far as positioning it just right goes) on your site.<br />
<br />
look through this code:<br />
<br />
avhistory.org/scripts/Menu/coolmenus3.js<br />
avhistory.org/menu.asp<!--content-->sadly with frames you cannot exceed their boundaries, with an iframe what's inside it also can't exceed it's boundaries, but layers in the parent can flow over the iframe<!--content-->

Back