Namespace problem with Bulkload

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am having trouble getting an XML document to load. I am using the SQL ServerWeb Release Bulkload and all the data can be loaded fine if I don't havea xmlns defined in the Document I am trying to load.But what do I need to do to get it to work if I DO have a namespace in thedocument? The document has only a default namespace and since the Load Schemaalready has a default I thought I had to add a prefix to the namespace inthe load schema. This doesn't seem to work as I get the following error:Schema mapping error '8000ffff'Schema: the element/attribute name test:ROOT is invalidAny ideas, since loading the XML document without the xmlns declaration inthe ROOT element is not possible?Here is the pertinate information in the files...The xml doc:<ROOT xmlns="x-schema:testSchema.xml">...</ROOT>The bulkload schema:<Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml:datatypes"xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql"xmlns:test="x-schema:testSchema.xml"><ElementType name="test:ROOT" sql:is-constant="1"><element type="test:ACCOUNT" /></ElementType>

Back