Mysqldump --xml Option And Cron

liunx

Im trying to mysqldump --xml a table out of a mysql database and while I can make it work when the script is in public_html, I cant seem to get it to work via cron. <br /><br />I get no error messages and I get no output file. I have tried several scripts, including a barely modified version of dbsender (modifications to use --xml instead of --quick etc). <br /><br />the mysql call from the modified dbsender goes like this:<br /><br />passthru("mysqldump --xml -h$dbhost -u$dbuser -p$dbpass $dbname mos_core_log_searches >$filename");<br /><br />Ive also tried it via system(). No dice, either way. <br /><br />Ive tried outputting to /home/username/xml and making that folder 777. Didnt work. Ive tried to /home/username. Same deal.<br /><br />Any suggestions? I know this isnt much info. Note that I have numerous successful dbsenders working that use -add-drop -quick etc (the standard dbsender dump). <br /><br />Mark<!--content-->
Can you provide a snippet of your code showing what you are trying to do? And your cron command line? Be sure to exclude any of your confidential info, like your cpanel name.<!--content-->

Back