my volume on my computer stopped working?

kassie

my volume wont work whatever i do i tryed youtube all that stuff it just said that my volume icon expired. so now that little volume think at the bottom doesnt even show up. its not on mute. i even went to the control pannel and clicked adjust volume but it said there is no device go to harware and printers and something like install a new device it said that but when i tried it didnt have anything to install and my computer didnt come with a disk.please help me i cant even listen to my music itunes wont even work not even cds and i dont think its my speakers<br />

jpn360

just try restarting your computer, if that doesn't work go to start menu, all programs, accessories, entertainment, volume control and adjust the volume

ZiggyStardust

Go to Start.
Scroll up to Control Panel.
Click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
There may be a possibility that there are two sound sources.
One on the mainboard and a separate card.
If you haven't messed with anything before, click here and check your volume levels.
You can also make your speaker icon stay on your desktop by clicking the check box.

supstitches

First of all, check your speakers and make sure they're plugged in.

This happened to me before, too. If your speakers are built into the screen like mine are, you may have to restart your computer. I did that, and they started working again.

mikeH

hi sounds as though the driver for your sound card is not installed, goto > right click on my computer > select properties > hardware tab > device manager > search for your sound card, will probably have an exclamation mark as it's not working properly > right click on it and select update driver, insert your computers cd or allow it to update if you connected to the web, should find it, itself fingers crossed.

PRiNCESS1992

did you try making sure its connected to the computer? maybe its not completely plugged in. you could have tugged it and it came out some. in my opinion, its either that are maybe your speakers are just old and needs to be replaced ] hope it gets fixed soon!

AshY

it's because you have virtual memory it don't remember you installing it i had to do this on my old computer REMEMBER THE OLD XPS ARN'T GOT THAT MUCH MEMORY'S AS THE VISTA it says about increasing the paging size but that does it for you. in the meantime as you would need to start the computer from stratch or if allowed to alter you own paging size. or closing down too many accounts open or working right now aka at the same time OK JUST LISTEN TO THIS YOU need to go to the volume mixer and install a new mixer. you don't need to buy one. you see that astrick thing you need to double click tat around like i did. see which one works . try the soundbee drive maker or the original one get someone that knows about computers if you clueless. i would but i am like many miles away lol

josie

Call a "computor store" where they fix computors, and ask what you can do to restore it. Only if you must take it in the shop, do it. Usually, alot of places will tell you right over the phone. Another idea is to call your service provider, sometimes they help you. I'm still learning about computors and I don't have anyone to turn to for help either... good luck.

Salmasiannonyc

open start menu and open control panel, then look for sounds and audio devices or sound effect manager, they should be right next to each other. the best choice is to go into sounds and audio and there you can change, edit or find more option to what is going on with your volume. its mostly self explanatory.