My browser cannot read htm files

liunx

Hello everybody. I am new in this forum. I was wondering why my browser cannot open htm files correctly(it can open html files though). Once I click on it, it appears in a tag format. My browser is Interner Explorer. Is there a setting in internet explorer that will enable my browser to read htm files.:confused:<!--content-->htm files are the same as html files. so maybe I don't understand what you mean. "tag format"? what is that?<!--content-->are you referring to online or offline?<!--content-->why would that matter? an html file is a html as is a htm file. they are all the same. oh wait, I see what you are getting at. maybe the host has disabled htm files.<!--content-->Yeah, along those lines.<br />
<br />
or if it is offline, sometimes the computer does not know what program to use to open the file into, so it may default specifically "htm" into notepad instead of through IE for some wierd reason.<!--content-->>> tag format <<<br />
<br />
... sounds like the file is being loaded into an editor, rather than being displayed by the browser part.<!--content-->Yes, you're right. It is opened in the text editor. If i change the file into an html file, the file isn't opened in the text editor. <br />
<br />
By the way, I Download <!--more-->ed the files from the net. It's a big folder with lots of subdirectories. And lots of htm files. I tried to change all the files into html files. It can then be opened correctly. Howeverer, if i press links, it calls the htm files therefore I have to change the contents of all those files. And there are lots of them.<!--content-->ok, this might work...<br />
find any htm file.<br />
left click once on it so it just hightlights the icon.<br />
hold the shift key and right click on it.<br />
choose "Open With".<br />
find the IE program and you should be good to go.<!--content-->make sure in the "open with" box tha tyou check the box that say "always open with this"<!--content-->Thanks a lot guys. Now i get it right.<br />
<br />
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!--content-->

Back