My ad runneth over - HTML Anyone?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Please check out my auction:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2627385845&rd=1">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85845&rd=1</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
How do I contain the ad in the ad space, instead of having it all over the page?<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
Cameron<!--content-->what exactly do you want to do?<!--content-->Hello,<br />
I changed the format - what I had was a nice little background going on, but the background took up the entire page and not just the ad space. I was wondering how I contain a background in just the ad description space, rather than covering the entire page? <br />
Thank you,<br />
Cameron<!--content-->acording to the page you have posted the ad has a black background and the rest of the page has a white background<!--content-->Whatever the problem, no matter how big or how small it can be solved using tables, well I think at least this problem can be.<br />
What I would do is have 2 separate <tr>'s, one for the top, and one for the bottom, inside the <tr> tag that your ad is in write background="whtever_your_pic_is.gif" and that will confine the background to that specific cell.<br />
<br />
tip: tables can get really complicated so if I were you I would create a new web-page and then build up you table gradually from scratch, that way if there are any error's you'll be able to spot them straight away, when your done just add your content. Also set it out neatly in blocks of text with indents in ect., so that if you ever need to modify it you can do so easily.<br />
<br />
Sorry if I'm being patronising or haven't even answered you question.<!--content-->Thank you so much - that's just the info I was looking for. I have reformatted the page to just black because the background that I was using covered the entire page and not just the description space. I will try the table with the background.<br />
Thank you again for the advice,<br />
Cameron<!--content-->

Back