Multiple tables...

liunx

Hello, I'm putting together a site and have developed a nice fly-out menu which expands downwards. I have put this in a 'narrow' table on the left hand side of the screen. What I want is to have another table to the right of the first one, side by side, but this table has a fixed height, not like the menu table. - This is where my problem is - I can't get the two tables side by side. The second table always aligns itself 'under' the menu table. <br />
It's not the easiest problem to try to describe, so I've made a sketch (attached). If you have any ideas to get around this please let me know!<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Rob.<!--content-->The best way i can think of is putting both of your tables into another table eg<br />
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="50%" valign="top">insert table one here</td><br />
<td width="50%" valign="top">insert table two here</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
Hope this helps<!--content-->I've just had a flash of inspiration. I've got these two tables sitting seperately at the moment, but maybe I could get over this problem by sitting both tables inside another table - would they then sit next to each other? could the left table expand without effecting the other (vertically speaking)? Would this be the best way to tackle this situation, or can you suggest a more efficient way.....<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
Rob.<!--content-->I hate when that happens yes RobbieC thats the idea<!--content-->

Back