Multi User Application VB.NET

W00dy82

I have been attempting to make a multi-account system in VB.NET. I have only seen how to do this via a database, but I need to use My.Settings or some other form as Mono on linux does not support using a database. Any ideas? I have attempted with My.Settings by using a Specialized String collection and storing the password/username as: "Username,Password"Where I then tried splitting it to get the data, but it didn't work.Any ideas?EDIT:I wasn't specific enough sorry. First of all, I am just assuming Mono does not support using databases because any application using a database would not run, and MoMa said there was errors when using a database. On the splitting of the string in the settings, what I did was I (as stated above) stored the data as "Username,Password" and, if I had several, loaded it into a textbox (hidden) where I then had a for statement that would check the text (which was not split in the textbox, still listed as "Username,Password") which was then split and compared to the password and username the user inputted. Here is the code for checking the passwords, it only checks the first item of the textbox however (thats the issue):\[code\]Dim lname As String Dim lpass As String Dim lrank As Boolean For Each strLine As String In System_Login_Aid.TextBox1.Text.Split(vbNewLine) lrank = True lname = strLine.Split({"""", ","}, StringSplitOptions.None)(1) lpass = strLine.Split({",", """"}, StringSplitOptions.None)(2) If lname = usrname And lpass = usrpass Then Exit For Notify("Login Successful!", 1, "Successful") Else Notify("Error", 0, "Error") End If End If Next For i = 0 To System_Login_Aid.ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 Dim string1 As String = System_Login_Aid.ListBox1.Items.Item(i) If string1.StartsWith("A") Then ' If the account has administrative privileges My.Settings.Usr_Rank = True My.Settings.Usr_Name = string1.Split({"""", ","}, StringSplitOptions.None)(1) My.Settings.Usr_Pass = string1.Split({",", """"}, StringSplitOptions.None)(2) If My.Settings.Usr_Name = usrname And My.Settings.Usr_Pass = usrpass Then 'ClearUserAccounts() MsgBox(lname + " " + lpass) 'LoginUser() Else Notify("Invalid password or username!", 6, "Error") End If Next\[/code\]