Moving a node from one XML document to another using SimpleXML

RonaldoPartrica

I realize that my request is not possible using just SimpleXML -- that much I did figure out. Here is what I tried:\[code\]$newXML = simplexml_load_file($filePath); $domNewXML = dom_import_simplexml($newXML);$domItem = dom_import_simplexml($items[$itemQty]); <-- item I want to move$domNewItem = $domItem->cloneNode(true);$newNode = $domNewXML->importNode($domNewItem, true);$domNewXML->getElementsByTagName('list')->item(0)->appendChild($newNode);\[/code\]I realize the code errors out on line 5, because importNode is a function of the dom document, not the dom element, but how can I get the dom document to perform this step?Am I going about this the right way?In the grand scheme of things I have an XML file with at least 10 nodes, every day a CRON job checks to see if there are more than 10 nodes and if so, it's supposed to move the node from the current file into an archive file. I figured I would "move" the node by copying it to the archive file and deleting it from the original file.Thanks for any help!

Back